Question about son sleeping with Dad?

A woman's divorce settlement stays that her 10 year old will spend weekends with the father. Father makes son sleep with him in the same bed. Should the woman say something?
Up until what age is appropriate to have the father and son sleeping in the same bed.
Thank you for any thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• like pp said, the courts will provide for sleeping arrangements... but at NO point is it "inappropriate"... thats a very sick thing to say.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• depends on the age, but yes she should say something. Generally the courts want the parent to provide the child with their own sleeping space - bed, air mattress, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's inappropriate for a young man to see/feel his Dad's erections accidentally during the night! Guys get wood all night long you know! I say by 3 the kid should have his own bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• First of all, anon :35, you're disgusting. You can share a bed and not have contact with someone, Miss McNasty.

Secondly, I do think the son should have his own sleeping space. Unless the dad can't afford to get him his own bed right now or something.

I still share a bed with my daughter sometimes. She has her own bed but there are those times where she just wants to sleep with me. If she was 10 years old and she wanted to sleep in my bed with me I would let her. It's really not a big deal.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I slept with my dad until I was about that age. I only saw him on weekends. He never touched me inappropriately and I felt very safe with him. My grandson is 11 and still has his dad lay down with him so he can fall asleep. I see no difference in that and them going camping and sleeping in the same tent. Kids just feel safe with dad. Now if the child claims dad is touching them then that's a different story but not all men are perverts.
    Anonymous

• well I when I slept at my gma's house I slept in her bed WITH her until.... well until she got cancer and died... so what college.

I don't nec. think that its an inapp. thing overall... unless ds feels uncomfortable. Maybe an air matress??
    Seriously if there is only one bed....
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2010