What should I do?

Me and my husband separated in October. About a month ago we started seeing each other and decided to be together again. We still argued but we seemed to get over it quicker. Me and my son were supposed to move in with him today but yesterday after an argument he said he thinks we should wait. I told him no either we move in or it's over. He claims he doesn't want it to be over so whatever, we got in a huge fight about lots of little things. We decided it was over. later that night he picked up my son as already planned for dinner. I asked are you happy now? is this what you wanted? and he called me a slut. He has always called my selfish bc I want to put our son in gymnastics when he claims we don't have the money. Yet is always eating out and pouring money into his crappy truck. But after all this I sill love him. And I know he will change his mind, he always does. So should I be with him or just really move on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you should consider counseling for your money problems, that can tear apart any marriage, but you seem to have something worth saving.

Answer by older at 10:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I think counseling would be a great idea. If neither of you can change and compromise then I think you should stay apart.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 10:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• OP- we were going to do counseling but none of the places anywhere near us take our insurance and we can't afford to just pay it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Try some of your local churches. Sometimes preachers or priests will do marriage counseling for free
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• OP- I'm not Christian so church counseling is not an option. We actually tried it a couple of years ago but it just didn't help much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I hate to see a marriage thrown away on what amounts really to just silly things. Arguing over money and such are not reasons to break up a home. Look harder for counselors who will take payment on a sliding scale. I found a great one when my 13 yr old needed a few sessions. She takes our insurance but they only paid 50%. She allowed me to pay the balance in $10 or $20 monthly installments.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Why do you want to get back with someone who flip-flops like that? It's not good structure for your child and for you. It may be a blessing that you're not getting back together. Weigh out the pros and cons of your relationship to yourself, on paper...and be brutally honest. Maybe you'll surprise yourself at what you see?
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2010