how possiable is it to get pregnet after having youre tubes tied?

Brandyblue82

Asked by Brandyblue82 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its very unlikely, but it can happen, that is why both my husband and I went in, I know of 3 people at work that had babies after tubals
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 11:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It can happen. Tubal pregnancies also can happen after haivng your tubes tied.
    munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 11:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• my doc said 1/500 women get pregnant
    kymommaX3

Answer by kymommaX3 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's crazy how unlikely it is, but I also know a woman who had a child after- and he has that condition where all of you organs are on opposite sides than normal.. I don't know if that's related, but it's pretty crazy!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 12:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• all of *your organs (his organs..)
    LishaBee

• Highly unlikely, I know that after 10 years the risk goes up slightly, but really, unless the fallopian tubes reattach themselves you're relatively safe. I had one after my 2nd child and during a recent ultrasound of that area the doc said I had scar tissue surrounding the tube ends and I had a 0% worry of becoming pregnant again.
    Geishagyrll

Answer by Geishagyrll at 12:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• possible but not probable, depending on the procedure. I had mine tied, snipped and burned

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• When I had mine done 3 yrs ago my doctor said there was a 1 percent chance of me getting pregnant again I had them tied and cut if you just have them tied there is a chance it could come untied
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 1:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My SIL just found out she's pregnant. She's had her's tied for almost three years, and pissed off.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 2:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• it can happen, it happend to my cusin n her suvier pain down there n her doc didnt realize she was pg till she went to c another doctor n found out she ended up haven a misscarage
    Anonymous