Has anyone had great success with your work at home business?

I just started selling scentsy wickless candles. My first order was for 200.00 so i think that's a good start. If anyone else has had great success with their stay at home business what is one good piece of information you could give to help out?

jenabean4ever

Asked by jenabean4ever at 11:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes because I watch a child in my home. So I don't have to worry about spending money to get it going and hope that someone buys from me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Anon - From the simple tone of your answer it's rather obvious that you are same anon that continues to post about caring for kids in EVERY work at home post. I'm not sure what your issue with home businesses is, but the idea that watching a child in your home will provide you with the life long income that a business can is simply wrong. People starting a home business aren't looking for a quick few dollars, they are looking for an income they can live on and an income that will last. Home businesses allow us to create incomes that allow us to retire - watching kids simply can't do that! So while I'm sure you mean for your comments to be helpful, they are not helping anyone. They are ignorant and rude. If we wanted to watch kids, don't you think we would? Babysitting is not the answer the majority of us want, if it were, we would ask about it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• TO the OP - yes, home businesses are a great way to achieve success. I love mine and love the income that comes with it. I'm glad you have been able to find a business which works for you! And hope you continue to find success, however since I do not have a product based business it's hard for me to compare sales like that.

My biggest advice is this... Don't stop when you reach the top. Many home business women reach their goal and then stop working, then their income drops to nothing and they have to start all over. Be consistent and continue to work to grow your business even when it seems to be going great. By doing this you set yourself up for a life long income, rather than a temporary one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Thanks Sabrina! I will keep going so far im pretty happy i just fear being unsuccessful. And for the first person that answered. There are many other ways to answer questions than to come across rude. Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
    jenabean4ever

Answer by jenabean4ever at 1:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I market for Melaleuca I am sure everyone has heard of it. But its a wellness company that sells your everyday household items but they are true green products.
    I have had great success their products are not expensive what so ever all of my clients and business partners love what they do and they are happy that they are home with their children.
    My advice is you control you income, how much success you will have and work very hard. When you do get to the top dont stop. Enjoy your journey from working at home and being a business owner.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• yes..i started doing beachbody and have a great improvements in my health and fitness and i love helping moms get into it! and there wasnt a huge cost to join and there is no purchasing products or anything
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Yes, I do PrePaid Legal and I'm doing well.
    The best advice I can give you for your business is to be sure to treat it like a real job. You have to have discipline and work your business. Like Sabrina says Be consistent and continue to work to grow your business even when it seems to be going great. By doing this you set yourself up for a life long income, rather than a temporary one...

Good Luck
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 11:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I have been with Avon for 27 years and not only receive money from my sales I also receive bi-weekly checks as a recruiter. Two things come to mind for advice. First, talk to EVERYONE you know. If I were to walk up to someone in your town and ask who can I buy wickless candles from, would they give me your name? Second, if you want full time money, you have to put in full time hours. You can not work 10 hours a week and make full time money.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Scentsy is a great business! You can be a stay at home mom, and still make great money! And have so much fun doing it! Only $99 to sign up, and with that $99 you will receive everything you need to have a home party! Scentsy is a wickless, sootless, flameless candle! ABSOLUTLY safe for children and pets! The warmer is heated with a lighbulb (either 15, 20 or 25 watts) and makes a great nighlight! This company started in 2004 and is growing rapidly! There are currently 58,000 active Scentsy consultants in the US and Canada, that is very small amount compared to the 2.5 million Mary Kay consultants just in the US! You don't even have to do home parties, you can do basket parties (basically a book party)! Or on your personal Scentsy website, receive individual orders!
    yelyahrose

Answer by yelyahrose at 12:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• People who host parties (home or basket parties) will receive free and half price items for their party that earns $150.00 or more, and none of that is taken from your earnings! Independant Scentsy Consultants receive 20-25% of their own earnings, and a percentage of those who are under them! What a great time to sign up and be at the top of the pyramid! If this is something you would like to join, visit my website to join my team! hayleyjackson.scentsy.us if you have questions, feel free to email me! yelyahrose@hotmail.com
    I have made back my $99 within the first month!! This product sells itself!! At my parties I only talk about 3 minutes, then women talk and smell all the 80+ wonderful scents!!!

sorry its so long!! just so many great things i couldnt stop typing!
    yelyahrose