Going to the anti war protest?

WASHINGTON – Organizers say thousands of people are headed to the nation's capital to protest on the seventh anniversary of the invasion of Iraq.

A coalition of anti-war groups, led by military veterans as well as activists Ralph Nader and Cindy Sheehan, are scheduled to hold a rally at noon Saturday in Lafayette Park near the White House and march through downtown. Stops on the route include military contractor Halliburton, the Mortgage Bankers Association and The Washington Post offices.

The protest is expected to draw much smaller crowds than the many tens of thousands who marched in 2006 and 2007. But organizers say momentum is building because many people have become disenchanted with President Barack Obama's decision to send more troops into Afghanistan.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wish they would all rally against this stupid health care bill, too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• There are busses of people out there to rally against the Healthcare bill.
    Thats whats important right now. We can't bring them home this weekend. These people are just trying to change the direction of what everyone is talking about.
    Though I knew it was happening I haven't heard a thing about this march today. Obviously their goal isn't being met. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• There are busses of people out there to rally against the Healthcare bill. Thats whats important right now. More important than soldiers dying for the last 7 years?

We can't bring them home this weekend. No, but we need the ball rolling

These people are just trying to change the direction of what everyone is talking about. They been talking about it for YEARS, and it is the 7th anniversary

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• If I could, I'd march there with them.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 12:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• They should be marching in Whatever, Texas where Dumb-ass Bush lives!
    Anonymous

• If I could of made it to D.C. today to march against this HC bill i'd of worn a t-shirt that said 'more marksmen less marxists'

I don't care that they march against the war we all have a right to have our opinions heard.I agree with Steph though.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Yeah, but what the liberal main stream media WON'T tell you is there are HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of people marching on Washington against this craptacular Health care bill!!!

As for the march regarding the war. I think our troops NEED to be there. So I won't be marching against the war. Besides, this is just ANOTHER LAME attempt by the liberals, progressives and Democrats to DISTRACT from the bill that could bring this country to our knees in record time!!! The war is not going to end tomorrow, but this great country as we have known it COULD!!!

PRIORITIES PEOPLE!!!!

By the way, maybe YOU should be organizing a rally to scream at your man OBAMA, since that was HIS "hope and change!" Or maybe that was just to get your vote? Mmm...mmm...mmm....!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• 12:29 Obama hasn't stopped the war it's in his hands now.Booosh is gone he has no control over it now Obama does.So it would do no good to march where Booosh is now would it?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

***

Psst! Maybe you haven't noticed sitting in your dark cave, but GW Bush isn't the President any more! There's a new "man" in town, and HE'S the one who has failed you!!! You MIGHT want to make a note of that! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

I wonder if the msm will focus on those anti war people and act like the huge protest of this bill simply does not exist.I am thinking probably..they tried to make it sound like it was only a few on 9-12 when it was TONS of peop[le.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2010