9 month old son and a cough

So my son has a cough and I know they don't make baby cough suyrup.... is there anything I can do tell help my lil guy? I feel so bad for him.... on top of that is nose won't stop running!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A small amount of children's vicks vapor rub on his chest (or even feet as that is the fastest abosorbing place on the body). Make sure he has lots of fluids.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Elevate his head at night to minimize drainage in his throat, run a cool mist humidifier, sit in a steamy bathroom with him for about ten minutes, keep his nose clear so gunk doesn't have the chance to drain anywhere to cause a cough, keep him hydrated. Call the doctor if the cough lasts for more than a few days or gets worse/deeper sounding.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2010