How to deal with bad breath?

My husband has really bad breath sometimes. Without being rude and flat out telling him, I always offer him gum but when he doesn't want any, what else should I do? Part of it is his poor dental hygiene which I've tried for 10 years to change but it hasn't happened yet. He just had a tooth infection and got the tooth removed rather than multiple trips to repair a crown on it so maybe this has been the source of the bad breath. Any other solutions you can think of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Health

• It could be hidden dental issues, if he still has his tonsils it could be those (DH had his out a few years ago, the ENT said they had pockets of dried puss all over them - his breath was soooooo much better after he healed up!), it could be a matter of needing to scrape/brush his tongue. Make sure your/his toothpaste & mouthwash don't have alcohol in them also.
    Anonymous

• Google tonsil stones.
    Anonymous