Are Women ok with there husbands having female friends

Im going to start off by saying I am not ok With my husband having female friends only because i know how females are. Me and my husband had a talk about him not talking to his child hood friend which is a female. I didnt like it at all she would say stuff like I love you I miss you cant wait to see you and soon as i told him i dont want him talking to her anymore he fixed it because he know it was something i did not like but thats just me are you women ok with your husband having female friends that sit here and call him and things like that.

july09baby

Asked by july09baby at 12:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• my husband has female, work friends and i am ok with that -- he talks to some of them online ( email, facebook) and that is fine... they are the kind that we could go out to dinner with and have like "double dates" or something lol

but I would definalty not be ok with him having friends like the one you described... That is too flirty for me, and I would never let a woman say things like she loves him, and cant wait to see him ... that is too personal for me. and Basically that is really disrespectful of her to say things like that to a married man -- even if they are childhood friends, she has no claim on him now to tell him those things.

glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Yes, of course.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 12:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Nope! Females are scantless creatures.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I am completely ok with my husband having female friends. He will be getting off the phone with them and tell them that he loves them. I do that with all my friends too...male and female. In my opinion it has nothing to do with "how females are" meaning sluts or whatever, but it all lies in how much trust you have for your husband. If you can't trust that he won't behave the way a husband should, in any situation...then it's a problem you have to fix with him.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I am secure in my relationship and don't feel the need to control who my husband is friends with. He has female friends and I have male friends.

Insecurity (aka jealousy) is hard (can kill) on a relationship. Might want to work on that.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Nope. My dh deleted every female from his cell phone and his MySpace the moment we started dating. He told me flat out, "Men only keep women around if they're looking to get laid". He has no female friends at this time, it's his choice and I'm glad he made it. His friends and family and my brothers all told me the same thing about men having female friends.

Anonymous

• I'm okay with it because I trust my husband not to cross the line. I know he is 100% devoted to me and should his female friends ever try to cross the line with him he would end that friendship. Besides, I have a guy friend and my husband is okay with that. I've known him since elementary school and he's like a brother to me now. Plus my husband thinks he's gay anyway so there's no threat to him. lol You just gotta be able to trust eachother.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Wow, there are a lot of insecure women out there. If you are married, you should have trust. If you cannot trust, then you are in the wrong relationship... period.

I have guy friends and dh has female friends. I have always been more comfortable talking to men, and my dh knows that. He has no problem with me having male friends, so I would be a hypocrite if I told him to get rid of hid female friends.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• if your hisband is not allowed to have female friends, do you have male friends at all???
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Absolutely.

Only those who are possessive, insecure, and unhappy in their relationship try to control another individual.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2010