Have you ever done anything in your past that you regret?

(Open conversations right here. Judgemental people will not be tolerated.)

Post your story here and share. It might help you feel better if it's been bothering you lately.

When I was about 18 I met this guy who was 26. (I know it's way too damn old for an eighteen year old, but I was legal.) We hooked up a few times and then one day he invited his friend over. They both started caressing me and they both ended up having sex but deep inside I didn't really want to. But I was so far from home, had no other way of getting home that I just let it happen. It's the one thing in my whole life I regret ever doing. I felt so trashy, so cheap and so used. I just couldn't even look at myself in the mirror for a long time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You were 18 , give yourself a break things happen. The trials & mistakes we make , make us who we are today. As long as we learn from them, they aren't all bad.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 1:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• When I was 26 and a newly divorced single mom I ended up at a fraternity house playing strip pool with some younger guys.
    Anonymous

• I regret losing my virginity. I regret all factors of that decision: the guy, my age, my motive behind why I did. I really wish I would have waited.
    Anonymous

• when i was younger i got sexually abused by my father. i never told anyone..but when i got older my mother asked me and i told her he never did anything...she was trying to include me in their nasty divorce and I didnt know what to do bc i didnt want my father to go to jail. I regret that now...I wish i would of said something...
    Anonymous

• yeah i regret gettin addicted to meth, having my dad spend 30 grand (most of his savings for rehab) to have me get kicked out for bringing dope into the house and getting high, i regret getting arrested and going to jail, and i regret smoking meth while pregnant with my son. I regret sleeping with well over 30 guys in a short period of time and luckily i didn't get any diseases, and i regret not going straight to college. But if i didn't have these things happen i wouldnt be wher ei am today and i wouldnt have met my wonderufl hubby and have my two beautiful kids.
    Anonymous

• nope
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 1:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• yeah, saying something hurtful to my dd that I should not have said
    Anonymous

• anon at 1.11 i was atticted to meth when i was 16..but i quit when i got sent to a CPS RCT(which was almost like jail for CPS childern)
    Anonymous

• I regret losing my virginity at 14 to a 21 year old. I regret smoking pot at 14 which led to meth and cocaine by age 16. I regret getting angry at a woman for preaching to me when I was on drugs at 18. I did kick my drug habit. I married a wonderful christian man have 5 beautiful children who I love dearly and never want them to know my past.
    Anonymous

• Not anymore. I used to regret many things, such as having my son at 16 for the wrong reasons (to force my parents to let me and boyfriend get married), not being (imo) the greatest mother (not really the "mothering" type) and saying things to people that shoudln't have been said.

I have learned that you can't put energy into regretting things. They over and done with. They can't be changed. They made you who you are today. Accept them as part of who you are. To regret means you are looking at the past, not the present or the future.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2010