When you block a person on Facebook, does the person get a notification?

I blocked an ex-friend and I want to know if they will know I blocked them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• no.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• They will know only if they try to send you a message or something, then they will get a notice that they have been blocked.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 1:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Not until they try to search for you - and actually, I believe you just won't show up in their search - they won't know you blocked them.
    Anonymous

• If I were to report this person for wrong doing... would they know that it was me?
    Anonymous

• they don't get any notification...they can't see your profile, posts, anything. it will look as if you deleted your facebook to them and the same for you, you can't see their profile or posts. if they sent you a message it will still be in your inbox but there will be no picture and you can't click on their name...they don't get a message or anything that they were blocked, it just looks like you deleted your account.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• no they dont
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2010