Who do you rescue first?

An Atheist & a Christian are drowning. Who do you rescue first?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 1:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• This isn't the Joke Line, it's for serious questions. Please refrain from this or put it in your journal as Joke of the Day or Just for Fun category where someone might give a rat's butt.
    Anonymous

• This is for religiously related questions... You know, the religion & beliefs board.

This is actually a very serious question. To which I expect serious answers. No joking, kidding, pun, etc.

You must be one of the noobs if you don't know me by now... *le sigh*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I can't answer this without knowing more. Is one a child and the other an adult? Is one a heart surgeon and the other a convicted rapist? Is one a pregnant woman and the other an 80 year old man? Or, to be more practical, which one is closer to me, and easiest to get to?
    Their religions would have nothing to do with it for me. If both are exactly the same age, gender, profession, and health, I am going for whomever I am most likely to be able to bring to the beach alive.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Depends on which person I would rather spend my time with. I have met some Atheists who preached more than some Christians I know and visa versa... So which ever one I though I could deal with longer once they were saved...

If I didn't know them personally, I would rescue whoever weighed less first.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i would honestly try to help them both i woundnt want either to drown and die. if its one of those you can only help one of them thing then i dont know... i would try to help anyone i dont care if they were christian, atheist, a fellow wiccan/pagan, jewish, ect i would even try to help th echristians that always threaten to kill me
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• "I can't answer this without knowing more. Is one a child and the other an adult? Is one a heart surgeon and the other a convicted rapist? Is one a pregnant woman and the other an 80 year old man? Or, to be more practical, which one is closer to me, and easiest to get to?
    Their religions would have nothing to do with it for me. If both are exactly the same age, gender, profession, and health, I am going for whomever I am most likely to be able to bring to the beach alive."

this^
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• The Atheist.
    Then we would have a come to Jesus meeting.

I know the Christian would be okay... they would be going home.
    beka03

Answer by beka03 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Both and sacrifice myself. What's the point the joke isn't funny neither is better than the other. If I died tomorrow I have no regret so I would try my best to save both or drown right along with them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Hot- this wasn't intended as a joke. Sorry you took it that way.

I'm genuinely interested to see how/who/why people feel one or the other (or neither, or both) should be saved first.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• OK for seriousness then.

answer#1) I would save the closest and it would not pertain to what beliefs either person had.
    answer#2) I would save a child or woman first.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2010