weekend fun, ???

what do other mom's like to do on the weekend with their kids outdoors, that is free. we do the park thing, the mall thing, the movie thing, should try the zoo have not been in years... ? what other things should i try ? zoo is not free. but fun. : (

sexeykittycalie

Asked by sexeykittycalie at 1:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Right now it is Kite Flying.Walmart has some 5 dollar ones that are good.Costco has some fantastic large nylon very cool ones for 12.99.We stocked up on the walmart ones and got one for each kid from Costco plus one for mom and dad to share.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• See if your zoo has a yearly membership. That way you pay once, and its normally not too expensive, but you can go all year after that for free.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• We used to do costly things every weekend until I got laid off. Now we do the beach, disc golfing, and hiking.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• The only time the kids and I leave the house is when we go to the grocery store, that's if DH doesn't leave us here and goes by himself. The kids are sometimes too horrible to take out anyplace. The rest of the time DH is either sleeping or at work, he works nights and mostly doubles. I can't drive our jeep, it's running too badly to risk it breaking down on me. So we are basically trapped in the house. It really sucks.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2010