At what age did you start leaving your child in the tub by him or herself?

I don't mean like to go into the next room I mean leave them upstiars and you downstairs? My daughter is going to be 5 years old at the end of next month wanted to know if I leave the bathroom door open can I start leaving her up there by herself as long as if she is quiet I check on her? How old were your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• i think 5 is old enough to leave her alone, although it wouldn't hurt to check in once in awhile
    hopemomof4

Answer by hopemomof4 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My oldest was 4 when I would leave the room and let him bath himself and Id just knock and ask how he was every few minutes.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Im testing the waters right now. DD is three, and I will tell her that I have to go get a towel, and shes not allowed to lay down in the tub until I get back. So far, so good.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I started leaving my DD alone at age 2.5 (she's 3.5 now). I am usually upstairs anyway, but even if I run downstairs the monitor is on, so I am still hearing everything. We have a big open foyer too, so she's easily heard despite the monitor. When she is done playing she calls me, I go wash her hair and body, and get her out of the tub.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Our house is small and my daughter plays so loudly in the tub that I've been letting her play in the tub since she was about 2.5. It's still a comfort that I can hear her from any room of our house though.
    katesmom2007

Answer by katesmom2007 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Around 5 I think but we can hear him up there (he's now 7)...he is so loud in the bathtub! If he didn't make any noise that would make me more nervous about it...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• 30
    Anonymous

• my son is 2 and i will leave him in alone but im usually in the next room and i check on him every couple minutes. He does great.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 6:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• 5
    Anonymous

• 2
    Anonymous