Is it really so wrong for a Christian to defend a non-Christian against other Chritians who are bashing the non-Christiana?

Seriously if your wrong your wrong. It's not fair to insult some one and call them a trader because they didn't pick their own group in an argument. No one should be cruel to any one, and I always defend those I see attacked unless I can't because their isn't a way I can morally convince myself to defend them. (like a rapist, murderer, ex.) So how is that really all that bad. The non-Christian did not provoke the Christians in this post and were merely singled out. So ya I am happy to stand up for them. I treat every one the same, and answer questions with out discrimination, and stand up for what I believe. My biggest belief is the golden rule. Which every religion I have looked into follows it. They usually just have a different wording. So really what's the deal?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is nothing wrong with defending someone who shares your understandings. Be they of your faith or not. I do my best not to pick sides in this ongoing CafeMom Christian's vs Pagan's war. And there have been times when the views of a Christian aligned more with my own than the views of a Pagan... And I am always the first to defend those I feel are in the right. It doesn't matter who they pray too... Does that make me a traitor? I really don't care if it does. The fact remains that Christian, Pagan, Atheist or other religious ties don't stop me (and shouldn't stop anyone) from defending those I feel are correct. Life isn't black and white - religion least of all!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• you know it's not.

Tell 'em to (politely) kiss it, old testament style!

Just a buncha noobs... thats all... Smile DOG DAMM!T
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Good for you! I follow the Golden Rule too!

Answer by older at 2:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• LOL Obby said damn. Hotmama just tell em to kiss your fanny.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Of course it isn't. Follow your convictions
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i dont think you are a bad perosn or some sort of "trader" for defending a non-christian. i have a few christians friends i have defened from other pagans/wiccans and i'm a wiccan myself i have also defened these christian friends from some atheists who treated them like shit. and i've defened them when their own kind other christians have attacked them. i will defend fellow non-christians and christians if they are being attacked no one deserves to be treated like shit by someone else of a different faith i know i have said this in another post but i have a pagan pledge of spirituality that i always try to follow and part of the pledge says: "May I always be tolerant of those whose race, appearance, gender, sexual preference, culture, religion and other ways differ from my own. May I always act out of Love to all things on this Planet and May I always channel Love and Light from my being."

continued...
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• continued...

you are right about that golden rule thing. my faith teaches tolerance toward perceived foes, and seeks to mend any ills between people. If amends can not be made for whatever reason, the religion still teaches loving all people and accepting them for who they are regardless of differences. i know i dont like geting attacked so i try to to attack others
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I say go for it hot mama. I am not on here very often, so I don't see a lot of stuff that goes on. But I agree and stand behind you.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• No it's not wrong. The same Christians who tell you it's wrong are the same ones who feel they need to correct everyone else.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Christians shouldn't be bashing anyone, so if someone is going to call them on that they are completely within their right - in fact, a Christian has every right (and responsibility) to stand up to another Christian if said Christian is acting in an un-Christian way in the name of Christianity. You have every right to say "hey, I know that isn't the way Christians are supposed to treat people, and as a Christian I don't appreciate you giving us that kind of negative impression - that's not the way I want to be represented, nor is it the way Christ would want to be represented!"

The most important rule in Christianity is to love God and others. Our every action should be done with complete selfless love and edification - not condemnation and judgment. So if someone is acting in a way that isn't of love, its not only your right, but your responsibility to say so! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2010