Do you believe sex is sacred? Or something that should be coveted? and why?

Also, please let us know your religious background if you can...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sex is a natural function. Humans ARE animals- so if you consider sex sacred, then the sex between two dogs should be as well.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Hoomans are mammals. Sex is hardwired into our existence... Though a little too much so, since we're overpopulated now. It is the act of mating, which feels good- nothing sacred about it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• No. Sex is not sacred or special. It's animal instinct... It's fun, it's exciting, but it's not sacred. It's something that should be experienced, not something that should be coveted... In the Ancient world the "red light district" was the busiest part of the city and sex was celebrated... It's really to bad things changed the way they did...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• No, wouldnt call it sacred. I think respect should be a big part of it.
    I know its instinctual as well.

*was raised christian and am now pagan*
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• oops... I forgot to include my religious beliefs...

I was raised JW and am Pagan

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I think sex is sacred, and something special and spectacular between two people who are in love. I have never heard of STD's among animals other than humans. I don't believe we are ment to sleep around with anyone we just feel like. As adults we don't get to do what ever we feel like, there is a point where we need to have some self-control. You may feel like hitting your kid, but you don't, you may feel like killing your spouse at times but you don't. Just like sex, we should be sleeping with every Tom, Dick and Harry, just because we feel like it. 1. It is very dangerous, you don't know who your sleeping with. (most men will lie to get you into bed, so you don't know if the have an STD, HIV or if they could be a rapist or a murder) Let's have a little wisdom and self-control. 2. If your not ready to have a baby, I don't think you should be messing around. A baby is best when your in a relationship a long term one.
    Anonymous

• Anon 18 cont... I am a Christian. There is so much more I would like to add, but I probably would be on here all day.

Anonymous

• anon 14:18~ You've never heard of animals having stds? Where do you think AIDS came from?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I'm another person who does believe that sex is sacred.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Sex is sacred in that it was designed for one specific purpose and that was to be the vehicle by which a man and a woman become one in marriage. It is to be the final step in the process. When enjoyed in its rightful context, it is probably the single most beautiful act between a man and a woman. The bonding process is spiritual, emotional, and physical and in that order. To reduce it to terms of animal instinct is an insult not only to the God who designed the process but also to those of us who know and understand the true beauty of the act of marriage. In its fullest context, it is the symbol of the relationship between the Lord Jesus Christ(the Bridegroom) and His spotless, pure and virgin bride(the Church). I'm not sure what you mean by coveted. I think it is perfectly acceptable for women to desire to be related to her husband in this kind of union. To desire it in any other context is lust and God calls it sin.
    Anonymous