Should there be a national DNA database?

What do you think?

bjane01

Asked by bjane01 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I actually think that this would be a great idea. I mean, wouldn't that help to reduce the amount of John and Jane Doe's that are found and it would help to find out the identities of rapists, burglars, etc. If they're already in the system, we can find them faster. Right?
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• What makes you think there already isn't?
    Anonymous

• Nope.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• No. There is no way I would trust the gov to only use it for that purpose. And DNA profiling would open the biggest can of worms...
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 2:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• HECK NO
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I would think that the ablity to identify criminals as soon as their DNA was discovered would be a major benefit. Cuts back on cost for police investigations and also on victum identification.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• There is already on in the military. Everyone has to submit a DNA test upon entry into recruit training.
    Anonymous

• There is one. When your babies foot is pricked in the hospital it is saved in a database and tested for diseases and the DNA is saved. Parents in some states can have it destroyed but, in most states there is nothing you can do about it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Yes, I know...LINK PLEASE...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/04/baby.dna.government/index.html
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• To what end? What is the purpose? What kind of Arian race are you going for?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2010