Please tell me why it's good

I have been looking at questions and replies all morning about this health bill and I see a lot of it's the best we have , we have to do something and just plain old stupid answers. Someone who likes this bill please tell me what is good about it and why we should accept this very bill? It's horrible and some of you admit that but are still for it. I don't get that. the Republicans have offered answers that would work faster and save money but Dems want power. Thats all this bill is. Why are you really for it? Have you really researched it?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I too do NOT understand supporting a CRAPPY bill. What does THAT fix? EVERY SINGLE PERSON of EVERY political leaning should be calling their reps and saying I dont want to settle for crappy I want you to sit your happy butts down, do the job you were VOTED IN FOR, CUT the PORK CRAP, and REFORM the SYSTEM. NOTHING in th bill fixes anything. Some people seem to think the HC fairy is going to come and bestow instant ins on them as soon as this is signed....NOT GONNA HAPPEN. INS can STILL charge an arm and a leg, pharmaceuticals can STILL charge an arm and a leg, HOSPITALS can STILL charge you an arm and a leg and MANY drs are saying they are gonna quit! NOTHING is FREE and if you TRULY believe this will be you should not be allowed to vote again......ever.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Listening to all these crickets is putting me to sleep.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's the same with you anti health care people. You act as if you are against this bill but it is obvious that the same people have been posting anti healthcare threads since Obama started this process and you had no idea what was in the bills. You are anti no matter what. i bet most of you are anti without ever reading a line of the this bill. You believe all the right wing propaganda without doing and research as usual.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 2:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Trippy, you have sidestepped the question. Have YOU read the bill? If so, what particular thing in this bill do you think is good?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Obviously trippy you have let anything any of us have posted here on this health care thing go in one ear and out the other.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I'll go first. I support the part that allows people with pre-existing policies to buy insurance. I don't support the Medicare cuts; Medicare is near-broke now, baby boomers are heading towards retirement, people are living longer. They make no sense. I don't support Medicare payment cuts to doctors and hospitals.

I do think expanded Medicaid is a good idea, I don't think most states can afford it though.

I DO NOT support all the pork and kickbacks in the bill. That tells me Congress is more interested in looking out for themselves than they are concerned about health care.

I could go on, but the cons outweigh the pros.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's good because it has you and your little clique all atwitter.
    Anonymous

***
    THIS is why the voting age needs to be raised, AND you must pass a test before you can vote!

If this bill passes, YOU'LL be "all atwitter" when you finally realize that it's not going to be free, and it's going to cost you dearly!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• "atwitter" REALLY you are willing and happy to go along with TRILLIONS of dollars of BS because it makes you warm and fuzzy for people to get "atwitter" ? GREAT....the 12 yr olds are voting. Trippy....there are NO anti health care people and you saying that just PROVES you dont even CARE to listen to other ideas. You must have your head buried VERY deep. ALL of us want reform! HC costs WAY too much and pre existing conditions blocking or kicking people off is BS. But heres the thing, this bill is packed full of so much BS and so LITTLE reform people who NEED the help the most (the forever screwed middle class) arent going to get it! The poor will get MORE coverage on medicaid the RICH will STILL be able to afford GREAT care and those of us in the middle (mememememememememe) will get stuck with the higher taxes and the higher premiums that we cant afford!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Glad you are enjoying it anonymous.Remember that when it's you all 'atwitter'

and just to let you know the majority of Americans are all 'atwitter' over this.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2010