Are your beliefs right for everyone?

Do you believe everyone should be on your path? Why or Why Not

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Deep down... yes, because I think it's the right one.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Nope.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• While it would be nice, no, I don't think that my path is the most appropriate for everyone else.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I know what I believe isn't what everyone needs, but it works for me. I don't even have the same beliefs as my husband, and we both accept that we will not change the other's mind. We don't even bother to try. I know some people need to believe in a higher power to help them get through the hard times. For me, it's easier to just say, "Life really sucks sometimes, I'll eventually get past this." Some people need more than that to keep hope for the future alive.

By the way, I'm agnostic, but was raised Lutheran and am married to a non-denominational Christian.
    Anonymous

• Yes to the beliefs, because I believe it to be The Truth. Although I believe there are different paths to get there.
    Anonymous

• No. My beliefs are just that, mine. Everyone has to make their own path.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's not my path, or my laws, or my commandments. It's not my church. It's God's. I think EVERYONE should make what God wants for us to do, to be happy, something that is priority in our lives. He knows the consequences to our choices, and although you still will have trials (they are to learn and to grow)...that by having a better attitude and keeping his commandments and keeping faith in Him, our struggles aren't as bad as they could be.
    Anonymous

• Nope.

Some people would be axe murderers if they didn't think they would go to hell for killing someone. In that way, religion does its job of controlling people.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i agree with SpiritedWitch. my beliefs are mine what works for me works for me i think its that to each their own. i wont get mad at someone and tell them over and over they have to be just like me or their evil. if they believe the same as i do great if not thats still ok. i try to love and accept all people for who they are regardless of differences religious or otherwise.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 2:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• it is HIGHLY egotistical for ANYONE to believe that thier beliefs are right for ANYONE else.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2010