Do you sell Avon?

I'm thinking of getting into this, but with the economy the way it is right now, I'm wondering are you still able to really make any money at it? And what do you have to do? Like do you have to throw parties or really convince people to buy? Any words of wisdom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, but I buy it. Although, I'm not a prime customer, I only buy once every 4 months or so. I know my sil sold Mary Kay for about 6 months and it was not lucrative for her at all, so she stopped.
    Anonymous

• I sale Premier Designs Jewelry and I make great money!!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, you should check the safety of the ingredients: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/browse.php?comp_id=119

If you consider a company that supports cancer research and refuses to stop using carcinogenic ingredients, then go for it.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Rkoloms - they can support what ever causes they want to... They don't have to change anything about their products just to make you happy.
    Anonymous

• no i had no luck with it ive solf mark for years and my sales have stopped.. im a rep for beachbody and i actually am making good money from that!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I sold Avon for years, and most campaigns I spent more than I made when buying brochures, samples and such to try and get more customers. No you don't have to do parties, but I would buy 300-500 brochures every campaign (every two weeks) and get them out in the neighborhood and I would maybe get 1-5 new customers out of it. I tried many marketing tips with it, even had some published in the newsletter Avon sends to reps, but I finally decided it was a LOT of work for only pocketing maybe $50 a month after buying brochures, demos, samples, bags and such.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I have sold Avon for 27 years and have been a recruiter for 10. It has paid alot of bills. No you don't have to do parties and I don't talk people into buying. I pocket way more than $50 a month and receive checks bi-weekly for recruiting. I would love to have you on my team. Message me if you have more questions. I can get you started and be your coach if you wish, but I will still answer your questions.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 11:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i did avon, and they have a lot of great products, and there are a lot of people who are successful at it. i was just not one of them. I tried really hard, but there are a LOT of fees involved. you have to pay the taxes, the shipping, you have to buy the books that come out every 2 weeks, go around distributing, pay a fee for how many people you are placing an order for, and if someone gets you in a order late, there is an $8 late fee for placing it late. plus having to drive around delivering with my kids. i just couldnt keep up. I ended up working from home with a wellness company, because all i have to do with them is set up an account for them to be able to shop online to buy all their stuff, they have make-up, plus all your everyday stuff, and whenever they go shopping, i get mailed a check for it. i have definitely made more money that way. (http://www.PerfectWorkForMoms.com if you want to check it out at all)
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 1:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I sell Scentsy! It's an awesome company!!! We've actually grown over 300% over the last year, and through this crummy economy. I've made some good money! If I can help with details or questions...just let me know.

www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I sell Avon and it is only $10 to sign up BUT it's not easy to make a lot of money unless you build a downline (true MLM or pyramid set-up). Avon reps have to buy the catalogs and samples they hand out, pay $7.50 a campaign ($15.00/mos) for the website (if they use it), and after their first campaign don't make any profit on campaign sales less than $25 (and have to sell a good $400 in a campaign to see a decent 40% profit). Considering their reps are the backbone of Avon, we're really nickel and dimed to death. Go online and google "avon complaints" before you make a decision to sell it. On the plus side, Avon has excellent training tools and good earning opportunities, but it's not going to happen overnight and you need to love the products (like I do) and be willing to work hard. Because a downline is so important, no one will tell you this stuff before you sign up.
    Anonymous