How do I get scorched places off my glass- top stove?

We just bought our new stove at the end of February. It already has the scorched marks on it, how do I get these off? It looks horrible!
Thanks!

jamieobrien_84

Asked by jamieobrien_84 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• When it is at room temperature I use a razor blade and/or glass cooktop cleaner and a scrubbie pad. These were the suggestions in the owner's manual for mine, but you might want to read your owner's manual to make sure this is ok for yours.
    Anonymous

• What Anon :59 posted is exactly right. I've owned glass top cooking surfaces for the past close to 20 years and you either use a razor straight blade to scrape it OR glass cooktop cleaner (most big box discounters - Wal-Mart/Target - have it in their cleaning supplies) with a damp sponge or placstic scrubbie. Not steel wool or SOS pads.

One thing many people do not know about glass cooktops that own them.....DO NOT BURN SUGARS on the burners. This can damage the surface of the cooktop. That's important to know if you make your own jellies, jams, cooked frostings, or candies. As soon as you spill it, CLEAN IT UP!!! It can sugars can pit the glass.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010