when should my 8 month old start getting teeth?

My DD is 8 months old ( 6 months adjusted age) has not gotten any teeth yet. When should they start coming in?

lilyemama

Asked by lilyemama at 2:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what's an adjusted age?
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• it can be anytime from now to 18 months.
    Some come one at a time, pairs, or all at once. Dont be too worried if they have not come it. If she has none by 18 months talk to your dr. The 1st teeth to come in are the bottom front. So when it is close to time her gums will be sensitive, red and swollen.
    Watch for excessive drooling, rash around the mouth, fussiness, diarahhea, and she'll begin biting alot and everything. Also a fever is very common.
    Give her infant tylenol at the lowest level, give her a few different varieties of teethers and she will see which she likes. And oragel is great before a meal and as needed. But she may begin to eat less due to mouth pain. Good luck!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 3:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I didn't get teeth until I was 15 months old.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My oldest got her first tooth at 11 months and no more til 15 months. My next didnt' get any til about 12 months. It depends on the child. Every child is different. Some get them early some get them late.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My daughter started right at 8 1/2 months, bottom 2 first, she is now 9 1/2 months and her front teeth on top are coming in after both of her "i" teeth. Wierd I know.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My son didnt get his first tooth till he was 10 months old and if your breastfeeding then you should be in hog heaven if she still has no teeth lol. A dentist will tell you that the longer it takes for your childs teeth to come in the straighter they will be and that has been very true for my son, his teeth are straight and beautiful hes three now. On the flip side of that my little cousin who is the same age as my son had her first tooth extremely early, I want to say about 5 months or so and her teeth are horrible. One of her top middle teeth is like still stuck up in her gum and wont come down and the rest are either pointing the opposite directions or are uneven. My aunt already knows she will need braces and possible some help befor that.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• my son was 5 weeks early and he got his first tooth at 5.5 months. so 4.5 adjusted age, but i know some babies who have no teeth even at a yr. all babies are different
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 12:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010