Can I give Noah juices other than apple or pear?

Noah's 14 months old (12 months adjusted) and I was wondering if it's ok to give him the yummy fruit juices like Tropicana Orange Strawberry and Banana or something.
This question sounds dumb now that I wrote it out haha.

tiptopgurl88

Asked by tiptopgurl88 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Um.. The only thing I would worry about is the sugar, but I give my child V8 splash. It taste like fruit juice but it has a serving of veggies and fruits in just one cup. He loves it and they make like 3 or 4 different flavors.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• The only things I would be concerned about are the sugar like PP said and the acidity of the orange juice.
    Try him out with a little bit and see how he does.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:14 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My son is 14 months and he takes all juices.
    I prefer the ones specifically for babies. Babies r us carries 1st juices which has like blueberry and different kinds.
    I also do organic low sugar low sodium natural juices from whole foods and trader jos. Watch for things NOT from concentrate. You want the natural juices, even if it says 100% juice it still may be from concentrate. Look in ingredients and make sure no high fructose corn syrup is added, or anything added really.

I do give him the V8 splash also, I try to encorporate veggies w his fruit juices. Gerber has a apple carrot that my son likes. Also they have flavored waters which are a good alternative to sugary juices also.
    In the salad section/ veggie section in most grocery stores they have the fruit juices that are fresh and natural.
    Some have different ingredients but taste just as good.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 3:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My son is 16 months and drinks all kinds of juices, but he only has juice like once/week - lots of sugar!

Answer by missanc at 3:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Go ahead. Give him anything that you feel he can handle. All juices should be fine. Just watch how much sugar he's intaking though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• We waited until age 3 to introduce juice as an occasional treat.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I seldom give my son juice. He gets milk and water. Juice is a big treat. Just my preference since I don't think he needs the sugar. If he does get juice, I make sure it's 100% juice and I dilute it. I'd rather he get use to non-sweet drinks. However, there's nothing that prevents you from trying any juice you'd like, just water sugar.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• NO NO NO never give a child those kids of juices untill you have tried each one on its own if there is an allergy youwont knoe what its to. give him strawberry juice 3 or 4 times then WAIT afew days then try arange juice a few times and so on untill he has tried them all.
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It is super super bad for their teeth. He doesn't need any juice- you're only teaching him to crave the sweet taste. All kids really need is milk or water, and if you instill that to them while they are young- they will grow up making healthier choices! :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Lol ummmm to jajamama that doesn't make ANY sense... he eats all those foods he has since he was 6 months old lol. To everyone else thanks for the advice!! I went out and bought white grape juice and diluted it half and half with water. And he loooved the Tropicana juice too! I watered it down more than half though! He won't drink water on it's own he hates it I try all day every day to give it to him but he refuses, so maybe this is a good chance to try and get him to drink a little more water!
    tiptopgurl88

Answer by tiptopgurl88 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2010