14 months still sleeping with me

My son will sleep in his crib but wakes up every 2 hours. If i put him in bed with me he will sleep the whole night.
What can I do to get him to sleep in his crib all night?
I have padded his bed to make it softer like mine, but he still knows the difference. We share a room also.....

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 3:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Babies and young children would always prefer to sleep with their parents...I think it is just part of human nature. If you don't want your child to sleep in your bed, you have to stop letting him sleep there. Many parents do let their children sleep in their bed..simply because it is the easiest way to get a full night's sleep! And....many parents love to spend that time with their little ones too. I don't think there is anything wrong with it one way or the other...If it works for you, it is okay. It is just that if you want your child to sleep in their own bed, the only way to do it is to refuse to let them sleep in your bed at all because they will always prefer that over sleeping alone.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 5:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My son is 18 months and still sleeps with me. I think the best way is to make him stay in his crib. By bringing him into your bed you let him see that sometimes he can get what he wants. I really want my son out of my bed I just haven't had the motivation to actually go through with it. Good luck mama!
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My son is 4 and still sleeps with me! He didn't start til he was 2 and was "scared" of his room when we moved, I am slowly trying to break him, I let him pick out a new bed and bedding and now he will fall asleep in his bed, but will come in mine around 2 in the morning.
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 3:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2010