Anyone ever feel jealous of your hubbys parents? Like he cares more about them then you?

My hubby is a total mommas boy and I always feels like he cares more about what they think then I do. He always takes their side when we have an arugment and I almost resent them for it. It just seems like he would rather be married to his mommy and daddy and hes a grown man. Anyway else ever feel this way or am I just crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I was married to one. The nicest person you will ever meet. We had great fun together.....BUT horrible marriage. It ended. One of the saddest days of my life. His mother was happy it was over. I can't stand the fact that she broke us up. Two days into our honeymoon we were at his parents house grilling out. Are you kidding? I mean it was emotional abuse. I could write a book on it. go to counseling. His mother got upset when we started counseling and he stopped going. It was horrible. The sad thing was that he really tried to get his mom out of his life but she made him feel guilty for doing so. In the end she won.To this day he says I am the only women he will ever love and is sorry he let it all happen. We are good friends. He will only rid himself from her if she passes away.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 6:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Yes but he did have some mama's boy issues the relationship they had was clearly emotional incest look it up if you care to. Im glad that relationship is over with. He would literally call his mom or go there for every little thing. He barely spent time with his own son and was always up his moms ass literally. He would tell her personal details of my life and thats where I drew the line. Telling her the lack of sex between us was killing our relationship, no it was their sick relationship that destroyed us I mean how much sex can happen anyway when hes with his mother 24/7 negelcting me and my son and than to want some sex when you decide to walk in hahaha.
    Anonymous

• its first poster again. All I can say from experience is men like that never ever change. It really started with being their mothers fault. That biatch couldn't of been happier then when the day i kicked him out and she got her baby 26 year old boy back. They will never change and you cannot change their disgusting diseased emotional relationship with each other. In the end he will have no one else to have sex with other than her because no woman will or should put up with that for long.
    Anonymous

• That's why it's a bad idea to marry a Mama's boy. Once a mama's boy, always a mama's boy. It's one thing for your husband to treat his parents with respect, because he should, those are his parents, but when you get married, that is the most important relationship, period. Neither one of you should be running to your parents when you have an argument. That's something private between the 2 of you and you don't run to Mama to work out your marital problems. My husband loves his parents very much, but he has NEVER put his parents ahead of our marriage and has never gone to them whenever we have had an argument. I've also never went crying to my mama whenever we have an argument. I don't believe in that.

I dated a couple of guys that were mama's boys, many many years ago, and believe me, it was a relief when those relationships ended. I always felt like I was competing.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• no but sometimes i feel that way about his wife
    Anonymous

WHAT?????????
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 6:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Time to move several states away. =)
    Anonymous

• ICK!!!! cANT STAND A MOMMAS BOY, UNLESS OF COURSE IT IS ONE OF MY OWN BOYS LOL J/K. Why in the world do your in laws even know when, why, and what about the two of you are aguing about? Sounds like he needs to grow some balls and tell mommy and daddy to mind their own. What goes on between the two of you should be just that--between the two of you.. When a man becomes a husband he is to leave his parents and cleave to his wife. that means you are to be first in his life. You must be his priority. He should care more about your feelings, how you think of him than that of anyone else alive.
    hopemomof4

Answer by hopemomof4 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Thanks everyone :) I really appercaite your advise. I dont mean when me and my husband are fighting though, I mean when me and his parents have disagreements. My DH is coming home from a deployment early in a few weeks. The only reason he got early leave was because im having our first baby, and hes planned all his time with his parents. I get he hasnt seen them in 8 months but he hasnt left any time for me and im going to be 2 days away from my due date and as soon as she is born, we wont have alone time very much at all. I just dont really know how to feel. Is it right to be hurt by that?
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• my soon to be ex h was that way with his ex gf & her family. he called her parents mom & dad & always spoke highly of the ex gf which he was never that way with me or my family. he was always mean to me & never talked to my parents. i never got over that whole situation & we are divorcing. i didnt like coming 2nd especially since the ex & her family told me i wasnt welcome in their life or home.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 9:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2010