thyroids remove

is there anyone who had there thyroids removed an tried to concieve a month or two later an become pregnant ?

sexylady35

Asked by sexylady35 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I opted to have my thyroid "killed" with radioactive iodine treatment rather than have it surgically removed. It was supposed to be a quick fix so I could start fertility treatments very soon, but it took several months for my thyroid to stop working and almost a year to get my thyroid medication adjusted correctly. After several months of fertility treatments i did get pregnant, but this was about a year and half after the thyroid radiation treatment.

If you do become pregnant after thyroid removal be sure to check in with your thyroid doctor frequently for blood tests as you may have to adjust your medication during your pregnancy and again after the baby is born. GL!
    Anonymous