post due date induceing

Mt due dat is monday my doctor says if i dont have her by wensday thay will be induceing me, me n my baby are perfectly healthy but me n my doctor both would just like to get her out :P, on my 38th week check up i was 1 cm dilated n 60% effaced a& got mym membrains scrapped n on my 39th week check up i was 1 1/2 cm dialated n 80% effaced n got my membrains scrapped again, so my question is do you think when i get induced i will end up going into labor n have her ? and has anyone else been induced n how long did it take b4 you gave birth ? :) any info will help, imma 1st time mommy :)

and plz no comments if you are gunna disagree with getting induced n what not .... thank you mommy's :)

Marsh-mellow

Asked by Marsh-mellow at 3:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not being mean but being a1st time mom you MAY end up with a csection if you induce.
    You also may just go in to labor on your own.
    You do run a higher risk of csection if you have not delivered before.
    Took 11 hours total for my induction with my 2nd.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I was induced at 38 weeks with my 3rd child. It took 5 hours from the time they started the pitocin (they didn't use any cervical ripening cream) until she was delivered, but again it was my 3rd. I'm surprised they are inducing that soon after your due date if there are no other complications but that's up to you and your dr. I had a really good experience with the induction.

Answer by missanc at 3:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I am a 1st time mom also. I had my son vaginally and was enduced.
    I was 38 weeks, 1cm and 50% effaced and my water bag ruptured. So I was leaking but not broken. So we had to enduce me to begin the labor and avoid infection. I was enduced at 12 pm and contractions began immediately. By 4pm I was 80% and 4cm. I had my son at 1am the following morning. Completely healthy, I did not tear or get cut.
    There really is no predicting your labor, there are so many variables.

Walking and sex are known to bring on labor. Try them frequently.

sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 3:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I had my son and 42 weeks. I was enduced 3 times, 3 different days before it actually worked.
    I ended up needing a c section because of his dropping heart rate. The enducing meds did not work well for me.
    Anonymous

• What would you like people to tell you if you don't want to hear any truth? There are VERY valid reasons for women to disagree with elective induction, starting with the health of the baby.
    Anonymous

• I was induced 2 times... the first time didn't work and I was sent home. I had an excessive amount of fluid (that's why I was induced) and she was still hanging out really high. They were afraid to break my water becuase they didn't want the cord to come out first. I had NO idea that I could be induced and then sent home for it not working - I was heart broken. The next day, they incerted a pill in my cervix at 9am, but 3 pm I was in early labor and 2 pm the next day she was born.

Good luck!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 4:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I would just say make sure the baby is in the correct position, because no matter how far dialted or effaced you are if the baby is sitting on your pelvic bone or is turned the wrong way then it will have a harder time coming out and may result in a section. If the baby is in the right position then I think you should be fine... just ask your dr to check that.
    Anonymous

• Ok I am going to tell you this from my experience, even if your induction fails they will not send you home, they will cut you open. If this is your first child you should refuse induction, the c-section rate for induced first time mothers is 50%. If you are healthy there is no reason to induce, and it is not safe for you or the baby. Your 'due date' is just a guess, you are not truly due until 42 weeks. Most women go into labor at 41 weeks and 3 days, and 95% of women go into labor before 42 weeks. I wish that I knew all of this with my first. I was induced 3 days after my 'due date' and ended up with a c-section that was not necessary. I know that it is uncomfortable, but please don't allow induction before 42 weeks.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Don't do it. Just don't. Please.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 4:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• With my first i was 5 days past my due date, went in because i was having a few contractions, nothing painful..and they started the pitocin at 7ish am..i went into hard labor at 730ish pm, and then hard pushing until 954pm when she was born. i would say dont rush the pitocin. it was terrible, and a lot of people end up with c-sections because the drs are so impatient they dont want things to occur naturally (which takes time). With my next one, I will be making sure that I get no pitocin unless there is a medical need...and there really never is.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2010