anyone live in Nashville/Franklin/Brentwood?

I am thinking about going to Vandy... need info about the area and schools. My daughter will be in 4th grade and has some learning disabilities. If anyone could help me find a safe area, good school, on a student budget, that would be great! THANKS!

ktnliv

Asked by ktnliv at 3:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am from Antioch and have family in Cool Springs, Green Hills and Bellevue (the Franklin Brentwood) area. I have an ex sil that graduated from Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt is a very very very good University. If you are trying to move on a good budget I would recommend moving to the Bellevue area (right outside of Brentwood). Bellevue have homes in a fairly decent price range and have excellent schools.
    Anonymous

• I live in the Franklin/Brentwood area and work at Vanderbilt Hospital. The university is fantastic! What are you going to school for if you don't mind me asking? If you don't have a job yet or are looking for something you should check out the Vanderbilt Medical website. As an employee they offer wonderful tuition reembursement. Just a thought!
    hsmor03

Answer by hsmor03 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Thanks! I am hoping to apply to the Divinity School and prepare for a career change as a Chaplain or in some kind of outreach ministry. However, I am a single mom with an 8 year old who has some learning disabilities, so I need to scope out the area and find something that will be a good fit for her, as well! (And sell my house in a down market) but, I believe that if this is God's will, there will be a way! Thanks for all the tips!
    ktnliv

Answer by ktnliv at 9:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2010