so what is the point of starting rumors about someone?

this family member now for the past 6 months is constantly startin rumors about me and i dont talk to her anymore, not since she emailed all of my guy friends and told them crap, now she just post stuff on her facebook about me. i live 7 hrs away from her and the last time i seen her in person was 6 years ago. i did ask her again if she is mad at me and why, and why say all that stuff about me thats not true, and her response was you are stupid now f*** off and leave me alone..i dont get it...whats the point of going through all that trouble of making someone look bad ? (by the way she is 30 yrs old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Generally people who spread rumors, especially ones they made up themselves, are insecure with low confidence of themselves. It's a way to give themselves false confidence. If another perosn looks bad, then they look better. Someone who hasn't seen you in years is doing it usually for the same reason, but chose you because you're far away. They can get away with it, because you're not there to punch her in the face when it goes too far. It's childish. Just apologize to your friends for her harrassment and ignore her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Sounds like she is stuck in high school, anyone who listens to believes what she says most likely is stuck there too. I would ignore her childishness and just shrug it off as a petty childs cry for attention.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 4:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• This sounds like my inlaws. Trashy and tacky
    Anonymous

• Because she's jealous of you! Sounds so much like my sister in law, its nuts! She tried starting plenty of rumors about me, stupid ones at that. I'm just glad my Mother & Father in law realize she's a crazy! Just take pride in knowing she's jealous of you, and you'll always be better than her! =D
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I have a relative like that and when she does this I ignore her!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010