Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are moving to Germany and I have a lot of questions about paperwork that needs to be done.

Answer Question

Asked by JameeB at 4:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Travel

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Depends on the situation. I am living in Germany and you need your passport and depending on why you are here depends on the paperowork.

    Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:23 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

  • I'm thinking this is a military PCS. If so they pretty much take care of all your paperwork. Technically your still living on US soil since the military pretty much "owns" the base your assigned to. I would suggest a passport but in 6 years we never even used ours EVER! Even when we went to Poland. : ) Just our offical military ones and orders to enter the US and reenter Germany when we came home for 30 days. But if you have questions just PM me.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.