Drug use... Help!!!

I found out my ds is using drugs pot maybe other things too. What should I do? What have u done that has helped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• ohbladi--- pot use is a gateway drug for teens and if she thinks her son is into other drugs, he needs to be in some kind of treatment program BEFORE it's too late. I highly doubt talking "calmly" to a teen about why he can't do drugs in the house is going to work, he will just do it wherever else he can find. I am studying to be a Drug and Alcohol Counselor and talking calmly, rarely works. Teens on drugs need tough love. My son is 13 and has known for years that if I bust him using drugs or alcohol he will be in treatment faster than he can leave my house. Addiction is horrible and I will do whatever I need to keep my child from becoming an addict. And yes, POT IS HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.

OP: If you think your son is into more drugs than pot, turn him in. He needs help before he is addicted. The rate of teens that are having abuse and addiction problems would surprise you...it surprised me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Talk with him calmly first.
    Anonymous

• Why do you think he is smoking pot?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Nvm why do you think he is using other things?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 5:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I found a strong smelling weed pipe.
    Anonymous

• I first started taking away privileges. I refused to let him start driver's ed until he tested clean. I tested him often. Finally, the week before his 18th birthday I called the cops. Someone told me I should never have done that, but my son never smoked or hid anything in the house again after that. He became "clean" for good when he found a girlfriend and started having sex. I guess that's better than drugs, as long as I don't become a grandmother right away.
    Anonymous

• Put him in rehab or counseling.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Please talk to him calmly about what he is and is not allowed to do in your house, and explain that you do not want the cops showing up at your house and arresting him because that CAN happen. Don't put him in rehab for pot, for heaven's sake.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 9:59 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Tough love asap! No going out. No friends over. Watch him like a hawk. You cannot allow him to get deeper into drugs. Take him to a counselor if possible.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:00 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• i would take get him some help before he becomes addicted to them. my brother was always smoking pot and he would do it everyday and finally my dad got him some help and he stoped smoking and he was a better person after it and he has not smoked in two years. he is 21 now. but i would really get him help because he gets really into drugs and cant stop.
    ashmomoftwins

Answer by ashmomoftwins at 5:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2010