If you could live in Southern California what city would you live in and why?

We are thinking about moving to Southern California and we would like to live near Foothill Ranch. We'd really like to live in Foothill Ranch but the rent there is out of our price range.

Joyzap2003

Asked by Joyzap2003 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I grew up in So. Cal, and spent 26 years there, I cant really suggest a city because they are all very crowed and expensive, but I like San Diego because its very pretty there. Try somewhere in the San Fernando Valley. your close to everything. Try Newhalll Santa Clarita or Valencia. I moved to beautiful north idaho 3 years ago and would never move back there. Its very crowed and expensive, but I kinda miss it too, the ocean anyways...
    just1forme

Answer by just1forme at 6:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• MOVE TO THE COUNTRY LESS PEOPLE  MORE CRIME IN OUR CITYS... SCHOOLS ARE BETTER IN COUNTRY AND MORE FRIENDLY....

Anonymous

• I moved to IL from CA. I lived in Upland, it's a suburb of LA on the 10 frwy, east about 40 miles. You literally are an hour to EVERYWHERE.....the beach, the mountains, the desert, the valley and about 45 min from disneyland, WONDERFUL!
    Really any city around that is pretty good. Ontario, Rancho cucamonga, Alta Loma, La Verne, Chino, Montclair...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• PS...your backdrop in Upland is the mountains...and they're beautiful!!!!
    Anonymous

• I have lived in hemet and Rancho cucamonga. Both places are nice, but rent is waaaay cheaper in hemet, which is about an hour from rancho. You can get a 3 bedroom house in rancho for about $1500, and in hemet for about $900. a month
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I grew up in So. Cal and pretty much every area I have lived in has changed so much that I would NEVER move back, I might move to other areas but I would have to be making a lot of money to pull it off. My family started off in several different areas of LA but we ended up in orange county, Fullerton still has some nice areas but the rest has gone to crap, Dont even look at anaheim it is a major tourist city and its just not a good place to raise kids. I prefer Newport Beach thats where I was happiest and Anaheim hills. My brother still lives there and is in Chino (no chino is nothing like on the show The OC they completely lied about it), Brea , yorba linda, most of the beach cities like laguna nigel and laguna beach are all great places. My sister is still ln long beach and likes it.

I miss the short drive to both beach and mountains and I do miss part of the life but i married a marine from a small town so I moved away.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:28 AM on Mar. 21, 2010