Can I get section 8?

*posted here fore more answers*

I haven't had much luck finding the info out anywhere. I will be going down to the office on Monday. I have made the decision to split with my boyfriend (and father of my 10 month old). I want to move out, but there is no way that I can afford to do so. I am pretty much financially dependent on my boyfriend. Anyway, does anyone know if I can get section 8 being a full time college student and working less than 20 hours a week? (Dropping out is not an option since I have financial aid I will have to repay it--Working more is not an option because no one in my town has any child care openings for any one younger than 18 months)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you should be able to just hope the waiting list isnt too long, in my area depending on the town its anywhere from a 3 month to a 2 year wait. they only have so much funding. but other than that there is no reason why you cant get low housing its meant for ppl like you. good luck
    Anonymous

• call them and ask. some have a waiting list that is years long
    Anonymous

• you can but they might have to put you on a waiting list where i live its like 3 years long good luck
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2010