How do I diet while BFing??

So Ive been on a really strict diet for about a year now. I use to go to the gym but when I found out I was pregnant again I had to quit because they said it was a risk to them having me working out there. So now me DS and our puppy just go for walks 3 times a day. I havent gained any weight threw out my pregnancy so my OB thinks Ive lost around 20lbs. (DD is healthy and growing). She did tests when I first came in and told her that I have to starve myself in order to lose weight, turns out I have ZERO metablism which she going to help me fix when DD is born. I cant take the pill while BFing so I want to continue my diet but still take in the calories I need to still produce milk. I got sick with DS and was in the hospital for 5 days on just an IV I couldnt eat or anything so I lost like 50 pounds. But with DD I have to do it on my own.

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 6:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• BF can burn up to 800 calories a day. Just eat normal.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• The daily walks are a great start.
    Replace simple grains with whole grains
    eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least three different colors
    eat two servings of legumes a day.
    cut way back on, or eliminate, meal and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• In two words...you don't. BFing will be more than enough. Dieting is a bad idea right now.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Ive talked to my doctor about it and she helped me with my diet. Im not on a low calorie diet or anything I just watch what I eat. Like no chips, cookies, ice cream, etc... Once shes born and Im done BFing Im going on a really really strict diet along with some pills my OB is going to give me to help. I was just wondering if there was a way to still watch what I eat while BFing without risking my milk drying up.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 2:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2010