How Does a Person on Disability get their eyes checked?

Been disabled for 10 years, have not ever had my eyes checked for about 5 years now. Medicare does not pay for eye exam unless Im diabetic, lots of docs wont take a pmt arrangement from me, its costly for me to fork over a bunch of money all at once,

My eyes have gotten so bad and now I get pains and pressure behind my eyeballs, and this has been going on since last year.

I have Medicare, and Medicaid only pays my Medicare premium. Contacted the Lions Club twice and never heard from them..

Does anyone know of places that take pmt arrangements or programs that can help me get my eyes checked? I can pay something just not alot.

Geishagyrll

Asked by Geishagyrll at 6:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Health

• Have you tried going to Sear's? An eye exam there is only $60 and right now they are having a sale where two pairs of glasses is $99. Good luck!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Medicaid DOES pay for it. I get mine done every year and they pay for glasses. Call around and find the right doctor who accepts it
    Anonymous

• an exam is only about $200 why not save the money up and then go?-- also the clinics usually have an eye doctor once a month
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 6:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• The clinic that I go to does not have an eye doctor on staff. Its very difficult to save money when you dont have much in the first place and my social security check leaves me about $40 for the month, and child support is for my children. Every time I try to get something saved up to go something happens. My form of Medicaid does not cover anything but medicare premium.
    Geishagyrll

Answer by Geishagyrll at 6:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2010