Is it ok to introduce whole milk at almost 10 months?

I'm not taking her off formula, but my friend told me that she should be drinking milk also, I don't recall when I started giving it to my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, not until a year.
    Anonymous

• is usually 12 mts. ds was11 mts he was bf until then
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• NO it causes microscopic bleeding and ischemia to the gut-- some people get over it others get NEC, diverticulitis, and other nasty illnesses
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 6:54 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You are not supposed to start it until they are a year old. It can cause intestinal problems and is more likely to cause allergies if introduced before then.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I did when I stopped breastfeeding but if the child is on formula they don't need milk too

Answer by admckenzie at 7:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Your arent supposed to start cows milk untill 12 months. Mine didnt take cows millk untill he was almost 2yrs old.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• The doctors say one year for a reason! Uggh my mother keeps telling me when are you going to put him on cows milk I had you on milk at 3 months! I keep telling her one year! Thats why babies eat yogurt with whole milk and cheese. She is getting it there :)
    DJsmom0725

Answer by DJsmom0725 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Dairy is an allergy trigger food and should not be given to a child before age one.

Cow milk is for baby cows, not humans. Now is a great age to introduce a sippy cup with water.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Sophee has been having milk since she was around that age. Not completely but with formula. I don't see the problem. She is completely on milk now and she is almost a year old.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 10:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2010