MOST OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT EVER MADE BY A PRESIDENT

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.
"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money..

gammie

Asked by gammie at 7:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money..

can't find where he said that ??
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:17 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans." Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader? REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice.

We can make a difference, he did change his mind.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Where did you read this? Seriously... I wanna read this article.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Sweet Jesus...the man is CRAZY. Did he step away from the teleprompter again? When was this said??

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• 10. "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

said by George Bush
    Anonymous

• What an asshat, I am so sick on him.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• FOCUS, anon :23. The question is about Obama. You know, the current president?
    Anonymous

• MOST OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT EVER MADE BY A PRESIDENT

read the question anon 25
    Anonymous

• http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/22/rolling-thunder-not-expecting-obama-greeting/comments/?cpage=3

Can't find the video, but I did see him say this and I was shocked.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Doctors, nurses and other health care professionals don't get health care for free if their patients get them sick.
    In fact, when health care professional retire they must pay for their care. They knew the consequences of their choices.
    Anonymous