I need help

My 19 m old screams "MMMOOOOMMMYYY" all day long, day in day out. I am a SAHM and it's constant. Sometimes it is for attention, sometimes he wants something, sometimes it is to show me something, but most of the time it is for not reason. I will be playing with him and have my head turned for a few seconds and it is "MOMMY" screeched at the top of his lungs.
He doesn't do this with anyone else, just me. With DH he will do it the odd time, but not the length and pitch he does it with me.
I am freaking out over this. I know it sounds like a small thing, but it is really diving me nut. He does it so much that I don't think 5 minutes in the whole day go by where he is not screeching at me. I am not allowed to be more than 2 ft away from him either. If I even go pee he freaks out.
I feel trapped by my screeching child and I hate this feeling. I just want to know how to stop it. Even as I write he is screeching at me
please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not to worry1 My son does the same. It's a phase the storm will be over soon. Believe me.
    Anonymous

• I have a 6yr old,3yr old, and a 2yr old. i am also a sahm so i hear alot of mommys all day. My 2yr old drives me nuts too and i aint afraid to say it, i stick her butt in the playpen in another room when she does that, and she doesn't do it so much anymore now because she know she will get a timesout
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• duct tape.

It's just a phase, just like all those endless nights of teething. Stay strong. Pay him back for it when he's a teenager.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Dont always answer him or tend to him right away...I did it and my son expected me to be at his beck and call as soon as he called for me...and we all know that is not possible all the time. I started to tell him...hang on sweetie, give me one minute...it got to where if I couldnt go to him or pay attention right away I would say..hang on sweetie and he would.. say one min mommy?? Not promising it will work but it did for me. Good luck!!
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's the age & it's a phase. For one, he's learned your name & he likes to say it, LOL! For another, a lot of times it DOES get your attn. But really at 19 m/o he's going thru that phase of wanting his own independence while yet clinging to your leg. It will pass in a few months, I promise, only to be replaced by another equally annoying phase, LOL! Hang in there, Mama. We've been there and made it to "the other side" & you will, too. Hugs! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:04 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If you feel like he has the language to understand, practice saying "wait" and ask him "what do you want to do while you wait?" (This works with other kids while waiting for a turn too.)Sometimes when I absolutely needed to do something and she wouldn't let me, I would tell my daughter that if she kept crying she had to play in her room and miraculously she would go! Sometimes they just won't give you a break no matter what you try. My girl grew out of this around her second birthday. Have a neighborhood kid come over and be a mother's helper to give yourself a break if nothing else!
    mandelion8

Answer by mandelion8 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2010