biting?

My 5 month old bites on her pacifier and almost rips the nipple off, if I give her a bottle she does the same thing. I tried a sippy cup of expressed milk, same thing. I'm scared she's going to rip a nipple off or end up breaking a piece off or something. She doesn't have teeth but she's still a vicious biter. Anyone know why she does this?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is probably getting ready to start teething. The rule is to test the nipples on the pacifier and bottles before you give them to her. It is pretty unlikely she will bite through it, especially if she has no teeth. They make them pretty tough.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• To test it you pull on it hard and look to see if there is any noticeable damage.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It is normal. In your case try to switch nipples as much as possible. Change them every couple of weeks if not before. Next time you buy pacifiers read the labels it explain why it is recommended to change them once in a while.
    Anonymous

• I hardly ever use bottles & I change pacifiers all the time and she only uses them to fall asleep. I was just scared because everytime she does this she looks like she is going to tear the nipple right off lol.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• teether
    Anonymous