How do I get my husband to help out around the house more?

We are both unemployed right now, and he still expects me to do everything in the house. Sometimes I think he 's a mama's boy.

Missy187

Asked by Missy187 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• just keep doing your normal cleaning.But pick up after yourself and your kids ONLY! don't do your husbands laundry or cook for him. Then when he complains let him know that he is no longer the bread winner, so you no longer need to wipe his ass for him! He'll get the point and will also see how much you do.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• If you didn't work this out before marriage then don't expect him to change and do it now
    Anonymous

• it took us having a premature baby before mine really helped...we still have issues though. he doesn't want to (as if any one does), and it is not his job (whatever happened to being a team player?)
    good luck to you and your family, these are tough times. you both have a ton of stress and pressure.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You need to discuss this with him. Marriage is an equal partnership, and he is not doing his fair share. I do career and job search coaching; I am always happy to help CafeMoms (and Dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy and interview prep. Send me a message offlist if you have any questions (I do not charge CafeMoms for my services)

There are lots of great job hunting tips in the Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 8:41 AM on Mar. 21, 2010