Anyone know what a spider bite looks/feels like?

I have a bump on my leg that kind of itches, kind of hurts. It has a small pin-hole puncture and under the skin there's about a quarter-size knot and then there's redness all around that that's about the size of 1/2 a dollar bill. The only part that itches/hurts is the bump, not the redness around it. I thought it could be a spider bite but I have no clue.

bretsnag

Asked by bretsnag at 7:06 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• My son was bit by a spider. At first I thought it was an ant bite because I was bitten by ants it it looked similar. If your mark only has one pin-hole it probably isn't a spider because spiders leave 2 holes. My son's bite mark was a lot smaller then yours and he was bit my a Black Widow. It sounds like you were bit my something, but I don't think it was a spider.
    Fala

Answer by Fala at 7:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• google spider bites
    NoUdderMilk

Answer by NoUdderMilk at 8:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Google spider bite pics !
    roseisme

Answer by roseisme at 8:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It sounds like it could be a spider bite to me...I have gotten bit by a spider before and that is what it looked like....mine just kind of went away after a few days though so It obviously wasnt something very harmful...
    charmed20023

Answer by charmed20023 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• is there little blister bumps too? Sounds like a spider bite to me. Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It sounds like a brown recluse bite! regular spider bits have 2 holes. what you describe sounds like a classic brown recluse. Get a Dr to check it out cause that kind of bite WONT heal, EVER. It only gets worse. It is a flesh eating bacteria and it eats away at the skin and every time you scratch you spread the bacteria to other areas and it starts all over again.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• you should rethink that take him/her to the hospital because my daughter had the same thing the doctor said it was hand foot and mouth disease but it could be a spider bite
    Anonymous

• If you would like to know what to keep on hand for spider bites and other bug bites PM me. I would not want to be without this natural remedy. I have used it on 2 brown recluse spider bites.
    MentorByDesign

Answer by MentorByDesign at 4:56 PM on Jul. 8, 2008