my 13 mnth wont sleep in her own crib, any help?

she started to sleep with us just once in awhile, then it turned into every night, i tried the cry it out method and it worked for a little bit, i got her to sleep in her pack n play when we were out of town for a month but now she wont sleep in her crib, any help would be awesome..

mama_crystal

Asked by mama_crystal at 9:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh gosh I feel ya girl! My 11 month old is sleeping right next to me as I type this.....luckily hubby's on deployment I haven't figured out a way either!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Well, if I'm understanding you right, she got used to sleeping with you at home, then you "moved" (as far as she was concerned) for a month & she got used to that, and now you are "back home" and she's having to transition yet again. She's probably feeling a little insecure & not used to her new environment yet. Give her a little while to get re-settled before trying to get her back into the crib. Maybe try the pack & play in your room next to your bed so that you can soothe her with your voice & reassure her that you are right there. Oh, another thing that I just thought of was IF she got used to the smaller pack & play while you were out of town, then she may be feeling afraid of the "big-ness" & "open-ness" of the crib. My son liked little spaces. I would try the pack & play to get her used to the apt/house that you are in first, then transition her to the bed after she's used to the "new walls". Good luck! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:12 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Any reason why she can't sleep with you?
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:48 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• my year old is the same way. she sleeps with me but she also naps int he crib. i sleep her in the big bed and then put her in her crib but lately she doesn;t stay alsleep in her crib. its giving me back pain so i have to figure out something. i can't do the cio. i chicken out and pick her up. i just can't hear her cry. i like sleeping with her because she is small and she wont be small forever. so i am enjoying but i have to do something for the back pain. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:03 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• well ladies, thanks for the answers. well she is used to her crib now, since i put a pillow in it, i guess to her it feels like our bed, and smells like it. i also like her to sleep with us but she moves around so much there aint enough room for her cuz her dad and i always get kicked and hit in the face when she is sleeping with either her head or hands, but she does like to wake up if we try to sneak in the bedroom cuz her crib is in our room and the floors creek but thanks ladies anymore answers would be nice to.
    mama_crystal

Answer by mama_crystal at 9:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2010