is it ok to put a pillow in my toddlers crib, she is 13 mnths?

when she slept with us she loves to put her face up to a pillow and she lays her whole body on it, is it ok?

mama_crystal

Asked by mama_crystal at 9:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, she can smother. Her face can get caught in it and she may not raise her head to protect herself.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My 13 month old had a pillow and he did fine.
    Anonymous

• my son has had a pillow since he was about 10 months old...I would say its fine but if you are worried at all I would start with one at nap time
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• we just made a pillow for our 17 month old. until then she didn't have one, but after about a year i would have no problem. i mostly gave it to her for elevation for when she is sick. she looks much more comfy now and enjoys it! we made ours the entire width of the bed so her head cant fall off to the side. she is soo squirmy anyways and has been able to get around with out problems since well before a year old.
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 12:16 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• my son doesnt have a pillow but he has a teddy bear that he lies his head one. maybe get a small pillow for her.
    smb87

Answer by smb87 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• i thank all of you for your answers, but i figured since she slept with us that is was no biggy, i put one in her crib and she snuggles up with it and clonks out. and the pillow is the whole width of her crib so she cant get her head stuck in it. it also helped me break her from our bed.
    mama_crystal

Answer by mama_crystal at 9:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2010