what age can u give your newborns(younger) children JUICE

what kind of juice, how much , mix it? what age's, i thought you wherent suppose to until later but today i went out with my friend that has a son that 2 weeks younger then my daughter and he gives his son juice. i didnt no what kind and didnt wanna seem pushy and be like i think your wrong but im not sure if im wrong or he was. he told me his daughter got it to(who is now 4 and perfectly fine). BTW my daughter is almost 3months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't give my kids juice, it is not good at all for them. Why start giving them stuff that is going to ruin their teeth. I would never tell someone not to give it to their kid though, unless they ask you for your opinion.
    Anonymous

• Babies aren't even supposed to get water until they are at least on solids, so I would really suggest holding off on juice, it has no benefits but is actually unhealthy. I personally waited to give my daughter juice until she asked for it.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 9:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• my babies doctor said to give my son prune juice when he was 3 months cause we switched his formula and it would help him poop. then at 4 or 5 months, i started giving him some kind of grape juice. they are both gerber brand tho. The doctor always says our baby is healthy so i dont see anything wrong with it. Just make sure whatever juice you choose, your baby isnt allergic to whatever is in it.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Juice? Ya mean sugar? Your baby does not need juice at all. Babies can't even have water until atleast 6 months. Ask your Dr. not your friend. Don't follow what your friend does.
    Anonymous

• when my kids get juice, it is not considered a healthy choice, it is a treat. even juice that is 100% juice; which is better than juice w/ hfcs, has a lot of sugar but no fiber. my kids get juice after age 1, but i dilute it 50/50 w/ water. they don't even get it 1 x a week.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Juice is not healthy and is not good for teeth, look at the labels, kids get enough sugar without drinking it. If you start a baby out on juice why would they want to drink water?

FYI my friend feeds her kid McDonalds everyday and her doctor says the kids are healthy!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 10:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• wow thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , atleast i agree'd with the answer's. even the prune juice one. iv had to give that to her from not being able to poop to. it worked but she doesnt get much and go's with-in 3-hrs usually. im sticking to the no-juice for awhile. she's great with her formula
    Anonymous

• I won't give my DD juice. There's no need for it and like everyone else says, it's not healthy.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• my baby just came home from being a preemie shes 8wks old and has iron in her milk and iron drops daily so shes pretty constipated so her dr told me she could have two ounces of prune or apple juice a day as long as its 100 percent juice..we tried it for two days and whola shes pooping...and just curious to the ones that say your baby cant have water til 6mnths old what the heck do you think they are getting when you use powdered milk?? Duh water...op please just ask your dr bc you are getting alot of mixed answers
    Anonymous

• they mean just water.. water mixed with formula is okay... just plain water for a baby before a year old is bad... they say not even to give a baby 8 cups of water until they are past three years old. but i give my baby juice... he only drinks an ounce or two a day and usually i mix it with some water. but still doesn't exceed over 2-3 ounces... and hes 9 months old.. i started giving him juice 2 months ago.
    mandie_jean

Answer by mandie_jean at 10:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2010