Can you tell difference between pms and early pg symptoms?

I am something like 8dpo and have had a couple crying spells, very hungry, gas cramps, b's a little sore. For sure this is pms so question is ladies can you tell the diff. before you test? Symptoms for you ladies in the tww?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I never could tell the difference, my PMS and my very early pregnancy symptoms were the same. My only clue was being late for my period.
    Anonymous

• I was extremely tired for both. My first, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was a week late. This time I pretty much knew right away because I was getting tired at like 6 and I'm usually a night owl!
    Anonymous

• I could...but that's because I never got PMS symptoms beyond a little moodiness. Symptoms for my first were just extreme fatigue and a tiny bit of food aversion; I would've gone months without realizing I was pregnant if I hadn't been charting. Symptoms for my second were extreme fatigue, insomnia, nausea, sore boobs, food aversion, some period-like cramping...and pretty much every other early pregnancy symptom you read about, any of which I could have explained away with lack of sleep, iron deficiency, PMS, stress, illness, etc., but all of them together made me pretty certain I was pregnant.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• in the aftermath yes but I never read into symptoms in the 2ww because that can be so misleading! But ever pregnancy was different for me in the 2ww. First I had menstrual cramps, 2nd tender boobs and cramps, and third successful pregnancy I had tender boobs but no cramps but some weird hip pain for 4 days and a little gassy, lol! good luck!
    8sweetpea

Answer by 8sweetpea at 4:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010