How do you put your 22 month old to bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• With us it's dinner,bath, brush teeth, I also do a baby massage with lotion, and my husband reads our son a story. We have done the same routine since our son was first born

MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 10:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I changed his diaper, put his PJ's on, read to him for a while, covered him up, and left the room. My daughter is only 11 months, but I do the same with her, except add nursing (which will probably still be the case when she's 22 months).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• bath, book. story, bed with soft music & night light on
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I do a snack before she gets cranky and wants bedtime, because she won't eat after that point. Then we do a diaper change, get PJs on, nurse, brush teeth and then we sit in the rocking chair and read a story. I hug her and tell her I love her and that she's a good girl. I put her in her crib and give her a kiss, say "I love you", she says it back. Then "Have sweet dreams" and she says it back and then I say "Goodnight" and she says it back... and then for good measure I always tell her I love her again, and she always says it back lol.

It took a month or so of her crying herself to sleep to get her to this point though. It was really rough, and I wouldn't have done it unless I had to... I'm pregnant, and she was still co-sleeping and waking 5 times a night to nurse. I can't do that with two kids, so she went to her own bed :( I still miss her.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We wash up, brush teeth and get jammies on. Then we usually doodle around for a while - read a story or sometimes he likes to watch tv with my husband (it's so cute!). At actual put-in-the-crib time, we go in and my kid had a few rituals - he has to tap the ceiling fan pulls, push the button that starts his lullaby CD (some lame, new age, zen relaxation CD someone tried to give me), say goodnight to his animal friends painted on the walls, kisses mommy, daddy and any brothers running around, then he goes into the crib and pushes the button on his Rainforest Soother (I'm afraid he's going to take it to college with him), lays down and I cover him with the blanky. It's HILARIOUS how much of a slave to ritual he is. lol The whole think take less than a couple of minutes.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son is almost 20 months but he gets dinner, plays for an hour or so, gets a bath/teeth brushed, gets his jammies on, and all I have to say is "night night" and he runs to his room and I put him in the crib, do our kisses/I love yous, and turn out the light. Sometimes we still hear him in there for an hour or so talking to himself but it's usually never an issue. He has had the same bed time routine since he was 7 months and hardly ever skips a night so I honestly think that's what's helped make it so easy.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• we give her a little warning that we're going to wrap up whatever she's doing soon and brush her teeth. Then we do that, changer her diaper and put her in bed. She usually will request a specific stuffed animal and we give it to her. We tell her we love her and close the door!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 1:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2010