Children close together in age.

I was wondering is it very hard to take care of two babies only 15 months apart

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 2 boys 17 months apart. It was challenging at times, more busy than hard I think! There is always a diaper to change, someone who needs to be held etc. Wearing the younger baby in a sling helped a lot. Breastfeeding helped too as I did not have to prepare and wash bottles. It was pretty easy to nurse the baby and read to or play with the toddler.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My kids are 20 months apart. My daughter just turned 1 when I got pregnant. I love it. It's more busy like maggiemom2000 said...but it's worth it. I think it's easier to have two kids in diapers, then to have one get out of them, and have another one going into them. They keep each other busy and occupied, and it's easier on me because of that. My daughter is 2 1/2 and my son is 9 months old.
    Anonymous

• My step boys, that we have full time are 4 and 5. They are 1 yr and 12 days apart. Some days it's ok...other days I'm amazed I have any hair left cuz I just want to pull all of it out.

I must admit there have been times when DH would come home from work and I'd give him a light bonk on the head and ask him...you couldn't have waited a little longer between the two? lol Needless to say, neither of them were planned. They usually get along ok, they are very protective of each other, but they have been fighting with each other for the last year or so. They look like little midget wrestlers when they get going at each other. MIL says we shouldn't let them fight, but I figure as long as they aren't doing real damage to each other, they have to learn to deal with conflict between themselves. I won't always be able to watch them 24/7.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2010