21 weeks and 4 days pregnant and have been having weird/scary dreams.

i keep having dreams of people chasing me with knives and i had 2 dreams about zombies.. why am i having these dreams?? im kinda worried that maybe my baby will die or something.. idk.. i know it sounds crazy but i worry about that stuff all the time

amanda202010

Asked by amanda202010 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its common to have wild dreams...your body is going thru lots of changes. Ive had 4 children, it happened to me in every pregnancy.
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I've heard (and also personally experienced) that vivid dreams are normal side-effect of pregnancy. Something about the hormones, and general discomfort you're in, changes your sleep patterns.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Ive had soo many dreams in my pregnancy that I forget to feed the baby once she comes and even had dreams she dies. I think its normal though. Just your body trying to process all the change.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Having strange, very lifelike dreams is a natural part of pregnancy. Your hormones are out of whack. and you probably have loads of anxiety about the pregnancy/birth/raising baby that you may not even realize but it comes out in your subconscious when you sleep. Just try to relax, and think good happy thoughts when you are going to sleep each night.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:46 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I've been having crazy dreams too. The other night I had a dream I repeatedly stabbed myself in the stomach but had absolutely no control over what I was doing. I want this baby so bad, I don't understand these dreams but they freak me out too. It took me a few hours to recover from that one, but you have no control over what you dream, just try to control how much you allow them to stress you out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• yes its normal some of mine freak me out too cause they are so weird. i have dreams of infedelaties too (mine and my hubby) but that wont happen. im sure its hormons
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 2:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2010