to do douch or not to douch....

ok i dont know if i spelled that right but i want to know why some people do it and why some people are againest it or just dont do it at all?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• According to my Gyno he said that it's not good for you. Your body naturally takes care of itself and you shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel you have a problem then you should be seen by your Dr. I'm 37 yrs old, never have and never will douche. I've never had a problem with anything either so no reason to even consider it.

http://women.webmd.com/vaginal-douching-helpful-or-harmful
    Read this, it might help you.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• They told me at the gyno that doing that washed out the good bacteria and that's why it was bad. They said you should clean with soap and water. I also hear sumbersion in the water is good like taking a bath in the bathtub. The water can work it's way in and out that way...I dont know.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• it kills good bacteria so doctors have always told me to NOT douche

Answer by admckenzie at 10:53 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• But what about smell? I'm not trying to be gross but if you dont douche what do u do to be really clean and smelling good down there.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• the best way to stay clean and fresh down there is to only wash the outside parts, (labias, clit, ext.) with soap or body wash...your body will take care of cleaning the inside
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I agree with all the previous posts. I wash with gentle soap and water, only the outside parts. I've always been told washing inside in any way can remove the good bacteria too, which is not good at all.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I DONT DOUCHE BUT I DEFF WASH MY LADY PARTS INSIDE AND OUT WITH SUMMERS EVE WASH !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• summers eve or a feminine wash is good. i have learned most soaps that i use are irritating and cause odor down there i do not douche..... a few times a month i bathe in water with epsom salt or even baking soda.....put a little in the tub and see if this works good luck.....(i mean i bathe everyday but sometimes i use those products included in the tub)LOL
    Anonymous

• I use Summers Eve to wash down there and Occasionally I use RepHresh. I talked to my Gyn about it and he told me that its better than douching because that removes good bacteria. I've never had a problem. Good luck to you.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I myself have never douched just because I have never had any problems with smell down there. I wash the outside everyday but have never felt like I needed to clean the inside.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2010