It's starting to come undone?

Our marriage I think.
This is more of a vent then a question and this is the only place to be annon.
So I'm putting it here. We keep arguing, he is drinking more, something he swore he would NOT do. I have quit my job plus school to try and make things work out but, it doesn't seem to work. He had a few days off and did NOT even spend them with his son. Today my son and I were at a birthday party, and he and his friend went out drinking. I am trying to help my son get potty trained, he still has accidents, but I ask his father to help, he keeps making excuses, stating that if he smells his poop, he'll throw up! Please, nobody wants to deal with poop, but it is a part of life.
He gets mad when I find stuff for free , going to the park, winning free passes for movies, etc. and he actually makes excuses not to go.
there are other small issues, but my main two is the drinking and not spending the time together. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Take a break? Can you go to a friend or family's home and take time to think things through? I'd hate to see you break up a marriage bc he won't help potty train the child.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Having lived w/ someone who drank way to much, I can tell you that you can do nothing about his drinking. If he is not willing to get help or even admit he has a problem you can not fix it. The addiction is in control, not him and he may never admit that. You have to decide how much you are willing to live with. I forced the issue and he chose his addiction over me and the girls. 20 yrs later I can honestly say he did me a favor but it sure wasn't easy. You may have to make the same choice.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• first thing...NEVER EVER put your life on hold to make things work when you have second thoughts. I know how hard it is to keep a marriage together but dont stop doing what you wanna do...especially quiting your job?? Girl you need to leave this guy asap!
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I think it really comes down to how much you are willing to deal with. You cant make him stop drinking and if thats somethin you cant be around then maybe you should consider leaving for a little while and see how things go from there. I wouldnt be drastic and get a divorce right away or anything though unless your sure thats what you want/need.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2010