Why do some people ask this site medical questions, when its clear some questions need to be asked to their doctors.

Kathy7_20

Asked by Kathy7_20 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Health

• You're assuming there are no doctors or nurses here? Or at the very least, you can get pointed to a symptomatic website. The process of searching is called "networking." No man/woman is an island.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I've asked questions while waiting for a nurse to call me back or for the office to open, or to get others' experiences with certain things. Just because a question is asked here doesn't mean it isn't asked elsewhere.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I think most people do it for reassurance. Some moms have experience that some dont and can help out until they can contact thier doctor. In alot of cases I think most people want a second opionion before going to the doctor so they dont go for something thats not a big deal.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• some people make it very clear that they have no insurance, some people are nervous first time mommy's, some people have an idea of what is going on, and looking to see if they may be correct, some people are looking for alternative solutions...
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 21, 2010